Tuesday, November 7, 2017

XD Side Story Corner #2

Today, November 7th, is Miku's Birthday! To celebrate XD has added a new side story memoria that tells a short story of how she and Hibiki celebrated this year. Enjoy the TL.










Miku’s Birthday 2017


We join Hibiki and Miku preparing to celebrate her birthday in their room at the Lydian dorms...


Hibiki: Happy Birthday, Miku!
Miku: Thanks, Hibiki
Hibiki: It feels like a lot has happened over the past year…
Miku: That’s for sure
Hibiki: But you know, the reason I’ve been able to keep on is all thanks to you, Miku
Miku: The same is true for me about you, Hibiki
Hibiki: I’m counting on you again this year
Miku: Hehe…me too
Hibiki: Alright then, it’s time to light the candles on the cake
Miku: Okay

Suddenly, Hibiki’s SONG communicator rings and interrupts the festivities...

Hibiki: Eh!? A mission on today of all days?!
Hibiki: Ugh…I have a bad feeling about this
Miku: It’s okay, you should hurry and answer it
Hibiki: R-Right… Hello, this is Hibiki. Yes…I understand. I’m on my way. 
Miku: ……
Hibiki: …I’m sorry, Miku. I have to go
Miku: Don’t worry, I understand. It’s your job after all
Miku: Just promise me to be careful out there. I don’t want you getting hurt while worrying about today’s plans.
HIbiki: Sure, of course. Well then….I’m off!
Miku: Take care, Hibiki
Hibiki: I’ll definitely be back ASAP!

Hibiki rushes out, leaving Miku all by herself. She sits on the couch and waits.


Miku: ……
Miku: Sigh…nothing I can do about it, I guess
Miku: The Hibiki I love the most…is the one who does everything she can to help others…
Miku: There’s nothing that can be done, but still…its lonely…
Miku: Sigh….

Some time passes and it starts to grow dark as the sun sets. Miku wakes up, still waiting on the couch.

Miku: …Oh that’s not good, I fell asleep
Miku: Wait, it’s already this late?
Miku: She’s been gone awhile…I wonder if she’ll be back soon…
Miku: Hibiki…I just hope she isn’t hurt…
Miku: (I’m sure she’s fine. It’s Hibiki. Of course she’s going to walk through that door with that same big old smile on her face…)
Miku: Sigh…

Little does Miku realize, but Hibiki has already returned along with Chris. They sneak through the room behind the couch...


Chris: (Hey, there she is…)
Hibiki: (We should be more sneaky, Chris-chan…)
Chris: (It’s fine. She hasn’t even noticed we’re here)
Hibiki: (Are you ready? On the count of 3, okay?)
Chris: (Yeah, I know I know)
Hibiki: (Okay…1, 2…!)
Hibiki/Chris: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Miku: Waaah! 
Miku: W-Whoa! Don’t scare me like that!
Miku: Hibiki…when did you get back?!
Hibiki: Just a minute ago. Looks like our little surprise worked, Chris-chan!
Miku: Geez, you even dragged Chris into this…? I thought I was going to have a heart attack
Hibiki: Sorry, sorry. Actually Chris came up with this little prank and I totally just went along.
Chris: Hey, don’t make me the bad guy here. You were the one saying you wanted to surprise her right?
Hibiki: Oh? Did I say that?
Miku: Hibiki you little sneak
Hibiki: Hahahaha…sorry!
Hibiki: Anyway, here take this. It’s your birthday present. Sorry I didn’t give it to you earlier.
Miku: Oh wow, thanks! Can I open it?
Hibiki: Of course, I just hope you like it…
Miku: Yay! Oh, wow a nail color set?
Miku: Thanks, but doesn’t this seem a little mature for me?
Hibiki: No way! You’re becoming more of an adult every day Miku!
Miku: I’m not sure about that…but thanks. I’ll try to paint my nails the next time we go out together
Hibiki: Yay! It’s a date!


Chris: Geez…am I just in the way here or what? 
Miku: N-Not at all!
Chris: Alright, well this one is from me. I got it last minute, so it’s nothing special. 
Miku: Wow…what a cute music box! Is it really okay for me to have this?
Chris: Yeah sure, it’s just something I had bought for myself awhile back.
Hibiki: Don’t be shy, you actually got it especially for today didn’t you? 
Chris: No, of course not!
Hibiki: But just look, it’s still in the package from the stor-
Chris: Don’t bother with the details! *smack*
Hibiki: Ow! 
Miku: Thank you Chris, I’m so happy!
Chris: You don’t have to go thanking me for it or anything, it’s nothing…
Chris: Anyway, let’s get this party started. My stomach isn’t bottomless like this dummy's, but I’m getting hungry
Miku: Oh, I left the cake in the fridge. Just hang on for a second, I’ll go get it 
Hibiki: No, no! You’re the birthday girl, so just let us handle all the prep work!
Chris: She’s right, just leave everything to us
Miku: Thanks, you two
Miku: (I was afraid I was going to spend this birthday by myself...what a relief)
Miku: (Hibiki, Chris… This made me more happy than you can imagine)



THE END

4 comments:

  1. Oh Chris, you lovable little Tsundere. There's nothing to be embarrassed about, you just want to pay Miku back for helping you out in Season 1; no need to hide it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Question!

    Have you, or will you, "translate"/explain(ed) the Senki Zesshō Symphogear XD Unlimited stuff?

    specifically, Kageri Saku Senkō?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to do more but I really don't have any time right now.

      Delete
  3. Just started playing the game this month. Will you eventually continue the translations eventually? ☺

    ReplyDelete