Saturday, October 21, 2017

XD Translation Corner #7 - Fine Event Part 3

This is the final chapter of the event, but the story ends midway because they've announced there will be a continuation later on. We don't know when it will start yet, but hopefully it won't be too long. Until then, enjoy the exciting developments of this part.







A Sagacious Ally: Fine (Part 3)

Having safely escaped from Div 2, the girls and Fine move around the city under the darkness of night.


Fine: …It seems we finally made it out.
Hibiki: Huff…Huff…Y-yeah...
Tsubasa: …Is everyone alright?
Shirabe: Yeah. It was a little tough to keep running this far…
Fine: Now then, if we can just slip away undetected then-

Suddenly a green flash of light surrounds them and numerous Noise appear, cornering the group.

Fine: Well, it seems that nothing can go smoothly today.
Hibiki: Eh!? How do they always appear at the worst possible time?
Fine: It shouldn’t come as a surprise. Our pursuers have control of “Solomon’s Cane” after all.
Tsubasa: Solomon’s Cane..?!
Fine: So, what shall we do? Just to let you know, you shouldn’t expect much help from me against the Noise.
Shirabe: At times like these it’s not even a question!
Hibiki: We’ll beat them back…with the song in our hearts!
Hibiki: Balwisyall Nescell gungnir tron…
Hibiki: Here I go! Oraaaaa!!
Tsubasa: Even if it's a trap, my sword will easily cut the snare!
Shirabe: The Noise can’t defeat us! Haaa!
Fine: Fufu…


Fine watches, a smile upon her face, as the girls proceed to don their gears and wipe out the hoards of Noise.  However, they continue to appear as quickly as they are defeated.

Tsubasa: Gah…there’s no end to them.
Shirabe: We have to find the person who keeps summoning them…
Hibiki: But there’s just so many of them I can’t figure out where the source is…
Tsubasa: Then we’ll just drastically cut their numbers in one go. Let’s do it! Unsheathe!
Shirabe: …Roger!
Hibiki: Okay, Tsubasa-san! Ignite Modu- wah!
Tsubasa: What’s wrong, Tachibana!? Hurry and activate the Ignite-
Hibiki: N-No! We can’t! Look over there!
Shirabe: A Karma Noise! This isn’t good!
Tsubasa: Damn… It was lured out by our battle. We can’t use the Ignite Module now…
Hibiki: Then we’ll use S2CA and-
Tsubasa: No! That will exhaust our combat potential. Don’t forget the enemy has control of Solomon’s Cane!
Shirabe: But even so, if this keeps up we’ll eventually just wear down…
Tsubasa: Regardless, we can’t risk leaving ourselves wide-open right now-
Fine: …What are you girls doing! Is that the best your songs have to offer? Don’t stop, keep singing!
Shirabe: …We know!
Hibiki: She’s right, all we can do right now is believe in our songs!
Tsubasa: Of course! Let’s move!


G-Beat begin to play as Hibiki and the others coordinate their attacks and defeat the regular Noise while simultaneously holding off the Karma Noise.

Hibiki: Ohhhhh!!
Tsubasa: Haaaah!
Shirabe: Hiyaah!
Hibiki: We’re not done yet!
Fine: Excellent…their phonic gain is going even higher now… keep at it girls!
Fine: …That’s it! You’ve done it!

A bright flash of light suddenly emanates from Fine. The Nehushtan armor of this world awakens and she immediately puts it use - taking on a familiar golden form.


Fine: Hahaha…at last, one of my dearest desires has been granted!
Tsubasa: Wha-! That’s…the Nehushtan armor!
Fine: Indeed…this armor was activated by your singing.
Tsubasa: So, you really are…
Hibiki: W-Where were you hiding that this whole time!?
Shirabe: I don’t think that’s what we should be worried about.
Tsubasa: What are you planning to do now?
Fine: Fufu…is it not obvious?
Tsubasa: Ugh…
Fine: Haaaah!

Fine charges forward and begins to defeat the remaining Noise using the armor’s abilities.


Hibiki: You’re attacking them…? So, you’re going to fight with us!
Fine: I told you earlier, didn’t I? I have questions of my own for you girls to answer.
Fine: And also…it would seem I owe you a debt of gratitude.
Hibiki: A debt…? Did I do something?
Fine: Never you mind.
Fine: …Now as for these pathetic, brainless, carbon pieces of filth. Wither and die before the might of a complete sacrist!


The group continues to fight, easily defeating the Noise until they eventually cease to appear. It seems the holder of Solomon’s Cane has retreated, and the Karma Noise has vanished as well.

Fine: …That’s the last of them.
Hibiki: Y-yeah. Boy, I’m beat…
Tsubasa: But it seems the Karma Noise managed to slip away…
Shirabe: I didn’t even notice it disappear during all the fighting.
Fine: It’s designed that way. A type of automatic weapon, there’s not much sense worrying about it.
Tsubasa: (I never expected a day would come when I fought along side the Nehushtan armor…)
Fine: Now then, I suppose an introduction is better late than never.
Fine: I am Fine. An existence who bears a name that signifies “the end.”
Fine: I was reincarnated into the human body of “Ryoko Sakurai.”
Hibiki: ……
Shirabe: ……
Fine: However, I take it you knew that much already.
Fine: But now that I’ve shared my story, it would only be fair to let me hear yours, no?
Tsubasa: Yes, well….

The girls introduce themselves, but avoid telling Fine any details about themselves or the circumstances by which they came to this world.


Fine: So, you’re not going to tell me anything other than your names. Well, that’s okay for now.
Fine: Let’s move on to more pressing matters.
Fine: I’m planning to return and retake Div 2. Would you girls mind lending me a hand?
Hibiki: Of cou-mh mhmph!?!
Shirabe: *covering Hibiki’s mouth* …You need to think more before you speak.
Tsubasa: Why do you want to retake Div 2?
Fine: For Ryoko Sakurai and myself, it’s the only place to call home at the moment.
Fine: Having something that important stolen away, isn’t it only natural to want to take it back?
Tsubasa: ….
Fine: You don’t look convinced. Hard to trust me, I take it? Fufu…
Fine: But, surely there must be someone you want to save as well? You wouldn’t leave the members of Div 2 to die would you?
Tsubasa: We-
Hibiki: Mphm! Mphhmhphmp!
Shirabe: H-Hibiki-san, stop squirming!
Hibiki: Mpmm- Ah! *breaks free from Shirabe's hold* ...We would never abandon them!
Tsubasa: Tachibana…
Hibiki: Ryoko-san, we will help you! Let’s take Div 2 back together!
Fine: I see…then I hope we can get along. Also, I’m not Ryoko. I am Fine.
Hibiki: But to me, Ryoko-san is Ryoko-san!
Fine: A little hardheaded, are we? Very well. I suppose you’re all tired after today. I’ll lead you to one of my hideouts, you should rest while you can.

They head to Fine’s hideout and she leaves them alone to rest. Using this opportunity, the girls discuss how to handle the situation from here on out.


Shirabe: I wonder if this was the right decision…
Tsubasa: I’m not sure. However, I think Tachibana was right. We can’t just leave Div 2 in that situation.
Tsubasa: Plus, there’s also the Karma Noise to consider. Even if this Fine is planning to destroy the moon like the one in our world did…
Hibiki: It’s okay! I’m sure we can reach an understanding with Ryoko-san!
Tsubasa: I would like to hope that as well…for now we managed to dodge the issue, but eventually…
Shirabe: You mean the fact that we came from a parallel world?
Tsubasa: Yes…particularly the existence of Gjallarhorn itself. If she was to discover that, then who knows…
Hibiki: Then next time she asks us, what are we going to say…?
Tsubasa: Let’s say we’re members of an organization based in Europe. There’s so many over there it won’t be easy to pinpoint one, so it should buy us some time.
Shirabe: Understood.
Hibiki: Okay…I’m not too confident about this though.
Shirabe: By the way…what are we going to do about the Doctor?
Hibiki: Oh yeah! I forgot he was here too!
Tsubasa: Of course, I have concerns about him as well…but doesn’t it make sense for Fine to be our first priority?
Shirabe: Yes I think so too, but…I’m still really worried.
Hibiki: Well that’s only natural given who we’re dealing with.
Tsubasa: Then let’s stay alert. For now though, he didn’t seem to have the Nephilim arm so don’t let him worry you too much.
Hibiki: Yeah, that’s right.
Shirabe: …Alright.
Tsubasa: (Fine and Dr. Ver…)
Tsubasa: (Will they stand before us as enemies once again…?)


TO BE CONTINUED


8 comments:

  1. I’m under the impression it’s a XDU thing, but what’s a Krama Noise?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they seem to be a countermeasure to the Ignite Module, so it's probable they are alchemic in nature - something related to the philosopher stones used in AXZ.

      Delete
    2. Karma Noise are a special type Noise in XD's story that are abnormally strong and do not turn into carbon when they touch humans. They can kill many people at one time. They look just like regular Noise except their color is black. They have the ability to manipulate human emotions making people angry and violent, so any bystanders will attack each other. This also affects the Ignite Module (which requires the adaptors to be in control of their emotions) and makes it unusable. Karma Noise appear in places where Phonic Gain is very high, so they tend to show up when the adaptors are fighting or occasionally they appear at concerts (this happened in the first event story). However, they will disappear when the Phonic Gain level drops. So far they have appeared in every one of XD's alternate universes and sometimes appear in our own universe (as a side effect of Gjallarhorn connecting the worlds).

      Delete
  2. Well, this is interesting. I wonder if I may request that you return to the beginning of the XD events next so we can get some proper exposition on the Gjallarhorn and the Karma Noise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I livetweeted a translation of the very first event when I played through it. It explains more about Gjallarhorn and the Karma Noise. You can read an archive of it here: https://togetter.com/li/1126944 https://togetter.com/li/1129662

      Delete
    2. Thank you!

      Read it immediately and I just have to put this out there: I've started planning a Symphogear fanfic that utilizes the Gjallarhorn's multiverse - one of timelines I made uses this same initial premise of Tsubasa singing her Swan Song at the concert, and I just have to say that my expectations of how Kanade would react and change from the event were scarily spot on, right down to her quitting the idol business.

      Delete
  3. Can you please translate the new card story of Kanade and Tubasa?
    please!!

    ReplyDelete