Monday, June 24, 2013

The latest news

The special premiere of episode 1 happened earlier today, so there are some new details floating around. I personally have avoided spoilers and won't detail anything specific here, but there are some other updates to talk about.










The cover of the final volume of the manga has been revealed!
Release date: July 10th

The cover art of the first character CD has been revealed!
Duet song featuring Maria and Tsubasa. Titled: "Flamme of the Phoenix"


Also, you might notice from the CD cover but Maria and Tsubasa are both holding what appear to be the fencing saber that Maria had in the PV. Well it turns out those are actually microphones. Go figure.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So microphone sword, huh? I think Kamen Rider Hibiki had something similar with the Armed Saber, but I'm not completely sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not familar with KR Hibiki, but I can tell you that the microphone sword is something that Maria utilizes as part of her stage performance and it isn't actually her Armed Gear.

      Delete
  3. Tsubasa and Maria look so elegant on the cover! But with a different aesthetic from Gyakkou no Flugel, instead of calm and the sense that they're comfortable with each other you can clearly see the chaos and rivalry on their faces and with their body language. This really brings to light something that I hadn't previously considered; how does Tsubasa feel about yet another Gungnir wielder? On top of that, one that seems so similar to Kanade? It's just a single piece of artwork, yet it says so much! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a really insightful perspective, I hadn't considered how Tsubasa would feel about Maria either. Of course, she accepted Hibiki as a second Gungnir user but since Maria is the "villain" of the second season I could see Tsubasa getting angry about that. It will be interesting to see how this all plays into their professional relationship as singers.

      Delete
  4. I did not expect that you will avoid spoilers of the special premiere but that's OK. Keeping them in check is getting harder given how July 4th is getting closer.

    All I know is that it was a great episode and now the HYPE. IS. HIGH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did want to spoil myself, but I figured it would be better to just wait since July 4th isn't that far away. Plus I know a lot of people want to be surprised when they watch episode 1. But yeah, I'm really HYPED!

      Delete