Saturday, May 4, 2013

Contest Winners!

The contest is officially over and I got more than enough entries, so now it's time to reveal the winners! I really appreciate everyone that entered, I was worried at first that my idea was too complicated but people managed to come up with some great recolored designs. This is the first time I've really run any sort of contest, but I wanted to make it something fun versus just throwing a bunch of names in a hat. So thanks to all of you who went along with it!





As you might expect, judging these entries was not easy. I wanted everyone to have a fair chance, which is why I told you I wasn't judging based on artistic talent. I mostly wanted to look at the creativity and overall theme created by the colors. That being said, however, I couldn't help but reward effort. In the end what I did was score each entry from 1 to 10 in these categories: creativity, detail, consistency, effort and overall aesthetic. I then totaled the scores and ranked them from highest to lowest. 

Now, before I reveal the results I want to announce an important change in the prizes. For the contest I received a grand total of 8 entries, which honestly was fewer than I was expecting. But I know my idea for the contest probably turned some people off and those of you who actually took the time to enter really showed me that you're fans of Symphogear. So I didn't want to let anyone go without getting something for entering. Since I have two sets of the mini-posters, I decided that instead of keeping a set for myself I'm just going to use them all as prizes. What this means is: everyone who entered will be getting a prize! I'm also going to adjust the 3rd place prize to 2 posters, which means 8th place will only be getting 1. Of course, higher places get their choice of posters first (1st place, then 2nd, then 3rd, etc), so the higher you are the better chance you have of getting the ones you want. Here is a break down: 
  • 1st: 3 mini-posters, 1 keychain, Tsubasa photo print
  • 2nd: 2 mini-posters, 1 keychain, Tsubasa photo print
  • 3rd: 2 mini-posters, 1 keychain
  • 4th: 2 mini-posters
  • 5th: 2 mini-posters
  • 6th: 2 mini-posters
  • 7th: 2 mini-posters
  • 8th: 1 mini-poster

With that out of the way, let's look at the results: 


First place

A dark recolor of Tsubasa, I really love the way the colors blend in this! It just looks so cool.

Second place

Evil recolor of Kanade, I like the white hair and balance of light/dark colors. Her eyes are piercing!

Third place

Fate Testarossa (from Nanoha) recolor of Tsubasa. Yellow wings are an awesome highlight.

Fourth place

Tsubasa recolor of Kanade! Simple, but effective. Love the detail in eyes and broken pendant.

Fifth place

A vibrant design for Chris. I absolutely love the blend of different shades for a watercolor effect.

Sixth place

Blue recolor of Chris, gives off a very chill look. I almost think blue is a better fit for her than red.

Seventh place

NSFW! I won't deny I like an outfit for Hibiki that covers less skin. Blue/gray/white mix is nice!

Eighth place

A "gold armor" recolor of Kanade. The bright colors really make her stand out and seem tough!



Congratulations to everyone that entered and thanks so much for these great entries! I had a lot of fun seeing all these cool designs and some of them I think should even be in the show! Anyway, I will be contacting you all gradually by email, starting with the first place winner. Please reply back to me with your address and poster choices as soon as you can. I should be able to send the prizes in the next week or two.




1 comment:

  1. Congrats to everyone else who entered the contest, it's nice to see some very talented artists are fans on Symphogear :)

    ReplyDelete